26 Nov 7 Easy Ways to Collect Email Addresses
With the holidays quickly approaching (seriously where did 2014 go!?) it’s a great time to build your email list with all of the traffic that will be coming in and out of your store! Here are 7 ways to collect email addresses in your store to build your email list for 2015!
- Keep a pad of paper next to the cash register. Ask someone for their email address and in return, give them a bite size Snickers bar. We like to call this “simple as a snickers” – it’s an oldie, but a goodie!
- If you send invoices to customers, include a call to action inside the envelope to encourage them to sign up for your email list. This could be as simple as a link to sign-up on the printed invoice or a separate piece of paper with specific instruction of how to sign up and what they’ll get for signing up (exclusive offers, event info, etc.)
- Collect business cards in a fish bowl near the register. Just have a small sign next to the bowl letting customers know what they’ll receive discounts and special offers by putting their business card in the bowl.
- Place a kiosk at the register for a seamless way to collect email addresses. A kiosk is a tablet that has been synced with your MailChimp or Constant Contact email accounts. Once a customer signs up it automatically syncs with your account, so you don’t have to import any email addresses manually. Kiosks look professional and they are a great conversational piece!
- If you are having an event in your store during the holidays, take advantage of this amazing opportunity to rapidly build your email list. You can walk around with a pad of paper or collect business cards in a bowl. If you have a kiosk (mentioned above), you can unplug it from the counter stand and bring this around the store! It’s an easy way for customers to fill out their information directly.
- Include a link to your email sign-up in your email signature. It’s an easy way to consistently remind customers about your email list.
- Incentivize your employees to build your email list! Reward employees for building your email list with cash or gift cards to local stores/eateries.