26 Nov New Year, New Plan
2013 is right around the corner. Each January we evaluate the year and our experiences. Looking back, we find ourselves thinking of the best times and even the most challenging. This year make a change! As the New Year approaches, set a resolution to plan ahead for 2013. Develop a solid marketing plan that will benefit your small business. Work with your staff members and NMR specialist. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Research: Take a look at your demographics and also look into the numbers from the previous year. Determine your successes and measure your losses. If a sale or promotion worked well in a certain month, do it again. If you have a new product maybe create a new in-store event to showcase it during a month when your numbers were low.
- Set realistic goals: If a year plan is not realistic for you set a six or three month plan to get started. Gradually train your staff to achieve small goals. As the year progresses, extend your goals and make them more challenging. This will get you and your team in the habit of achieving even the smallest tasks that are set in front of you.
- Plan: Work with your team for feedback. Since your staff is out on the floor working directly with customers see what they have learned over the past year.
- Expand: Use social media and email marketing to your advantage. Work with your NMR specialist to develop new ideas for your website. They can also provide website analytics to measure successful content.
- Evaluate: Make sure you evaluate your plan once it is complete. What worked best and what can be eliminated? This will help you gain focus for future planning.